HAPPY DECEMBER and DAY 1 OF BLOGMAS!
Ahhhhhh I am SO excited, this is the first year I’m doing Blogmas, which, if you don’t know, means there’ll be a new post every single day from now until Christmas day! Stressful but exciting!
This post was scheduled for much later in the month, but, if you’re from the North East like me, or anywhere else that’s been hit with the snow, I’m sure you’ll agree that there’s nothing that could satisfy you more than a hot chocolate at the moment, so I brought it forward!
Everyone knows that December is by far the cosiest time of the year, especially when it’s snowy and freezing cold outside (is it just me or is it literally 10000x colder this year than normal?!). So forget Friday night drinks, get your pj’s and your fluffy slippers on, pop Elf on the TV and make yourself this delicious choc orange hot chocolate tonight, you’ll thank me later!
🎅 Ingredients 🎅
- Milk Chocolate
- Chocolate Orange
- Orange peel
- Whipped cream
🎅 Method 🎅
- First, decide how much milk you will need, depending on how many portions you are making, then add to a pan, and add cornflour, I used approx 4tbsp for one pint of milk, but this depends on how thick you would like your hot choc (I like it super thick and creamy)
- Stir the mixture together on a low heat, you don’t want to boil your milk as it will burn
- Once the flour has mixed with your milk add chocolate and orange peel, I used a big bar of Cadbury milk chocolate and half a Terry’s Chocolate Orange for three portions (do the taste test while adding to see how chocolatey you want your hot choc)
- Stir the chocolate in to the milk until the chocolate has completely melted, (remember to keep your heatlow as burnt chocolate is not what you’re after!)
- When your chocolate has completed melted and your hot chocolate is, well…hot, remove the orange peel from pan and pour out your drink!
- Add whipped cream and any extra’s you fancy, I added star sprinkles, a piece of chocolate orange and a Malteaser Reindeer and voila, there you have your homemade festive hot chocolate!
I hope you enjoyed my first Blogmas post and are as excited as I am! Don’t forget I’ll be posting at 5pm every single day til Christmas and again… happy December! ❤
Thanks for reading,